Accelerating the ZK revolution by supporting web3 networks with reliable and cost-efficient proof generation!
As a cryptographic software engineer at Ulvetanna, you will contribute to internal and open-source zk-SNARK proving codebases, analyze their performance, and propose and implement optimizations.
Your days may include modifying and refactoring the codebases to utilize hardware coprocessors, reading and implementing zero-knowledge cryptography research, reverse engineering high-level algorithms from open-source software and smart contracts, and designing or analyzing arithmetic constraint systems for verifiable programs.
Team members work closely with the FPGA engineers to specify algorithms implemented in hardware, and with the systems software engineers to interface efficiently with hardware acceleration units.
The Cryptographic Software Engineer role has the following requirements:
- A deep passion for technology, software development, and secure computing
- Demonstrated ability to deliver software projects from inception to completion
- Understanding of algorithm design and computer architecture
- Experience writing multi-threaded, concurrent software
- Ability to think across layers of abstractions
- Mathematical aptitude, especially in linear and abstract algebra
- Experienced and well-versed in Linux, version control, scripting, and build systems
- Understanding of technology tradeoffs and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Rust and C++
- Experience modifying and contributing to open-source codebases
- Experience implementing high-performance software and distributed systems
- Experience implementing compilers
- Experience implementing low-level cryptographic primitives
- Experience programming embedded systems
- Experience with computer algebra systems such as SageMath
- Understanding of mathematical and cryptographic proof techniques
- Understanding of cryptographic proof systems, zero-knowledge cryptography, elliptic curve cryptography, and symmetric cryptography
Who We Are
We are a small, focused team from around the world, with a track record of shipping and maintaining quality production systems. A team that has cross-disciplinary engineering expertise, ranging from systems-level software programming and applied cryptography to digital logic design and datacenter architecture.
We value curiosity and creativity in the face of novel challenges and a healthy competitive spirit. The team works remotely from across the globe, so the ability to operate with autonomy and communicate asynchronously is a must.
We are actively hiring more problem solvers, tinkerers, and technology magicians who love high performance and efficiency. If you are excited to enter ZK-enabled Internet with us, please apply via the Ashby link.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started