We respond to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Join us #StandWithRefugees.
Job Overview / Summary (What and Why):
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and passionate individual to join our CRM Audience Management team to help develop and grow the Audience data quality to ensure the organization is reaching every one of its targets. The CRM Data Specialist is responsible for quality assurance and stewardship of data received from ever an increasing number of sources, both external and internal. S/he will be tasked with planning, designing, and executing data quality routines; and proactively monitoring, measuring, analyzing, and reporting on data quality issues to the organization. The development of protocols, creating and implementing monitoring procedures to monitor and ensure data quality and standardization, and suggesting process improvements will all be essential parts of this role. The CRM Data Specialist will provide ongoing support, training, and documentation to multiple global teams, helping them to capture and extract high-quality information for analytical decision-making from IRC’s systems.
As CRM Data Specialist you will perform hands-on technical implementation, with a focus on administering and delivering functional solutions on IRC’s backend data extracted from the CRM systems. You will be involved in the design, implementation, deployment, and documentation of projects that leverage the Salesforce.com, ETL, and SQL toolset.
- Support the assessment and resolution of Salesforce cases
- Assist with Salesforce support and specific enhancement projects
- Identify, assess, monitor, document, and communicate potential quality issues and provide efficient solutions for the back-end database and Salesforce CRM.
- Evaluate system performance and design, as well as its effect on data quality.
- Run data queries to identify coding issues and data exceptions, as well as data cleansing.
- Participate in the design of Excel VBA and SQL back end.
- Build and automate data quality controls and master data management operations.
- Support CRM business process automation projects and data optimization projects.
- Collaborate with database developers to improve data collection and data reporting.
- Develop advanced data capture, quality control and fulfilment processes using advanced Salesforce processes/flows, reports/dashboards, Excel VBA/macros, and basic SQL processes.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Play SME and product owner for select applications, tools, and plug-ins within the CRM stack.
- Provide technical/admin support and advanced troubleshooting for end users
- Perform complex data analysis/management tasks and provide support for related data warehouse infrastructure (SQL databases, scheduling and ETL tools, and key integrations).
- Perform unit testing and defect fixes.
- Build productive relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and business owners.
- Communicate proactively and frequently and modify technical information as needed so that it can be understood by stakeholders to enable their decision-making.
- 5+ years of hands-on with Data Management or Data Quality
- Significant demonstrable professional work experience with CRM and relational databases (non-profit experience a plus) and IT delivery, IT services, and professional services environments.
- Experience creating the basis for data CRM quality checks.
- Proficiency in programming languages, MSSQL queries and with DBAmp.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a must; sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and the ability to always maintain complete discretion.
- Proven ability to plan and independently manage a variety of projects and high work volume: must work well under pressure, prioritize, show flexibility, and solve problems creatively.
- Experience with creating views, stored procedures, and functions.
- SQL database experience using T-SQL, query performance tunings, database development, implementation, data manipulation and complex custom reports, and underlying data models.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Strong customer service orientation
- NPSP Salesforce experience.
- Experience with MS Office VBA.
- Experience in ETL Design sessions.
- Experience in supporting fundraising applications for non-profit organizations.
- Experience in working effectively with an Agile delivery model.
- Experience with web services or application programming interfaces is a great plus;
- Experience in implementing business intelligence and data warehouse solutions.