One Acre Fund
Working to make #smallholder farmers more prosperous. #FarmersFirst.
About the Role
We are looking for a competent well-rounded entry-level IT person to with 1 year of experience in end-user support, endpoint hardware, software and network troubleshooting. You will work with the Unified Endpoint Management and Service Desk team to facilitate support of IT endpoints. As the Country ITO Technician, you will report to the Kenya Country IT Operations Lead.
Endpoints Lifecycle Management – Laptops, Tablets.
- Ensure that new endpoints meet our defined pre-check standards
- Ensure that endpoints function optimally during their life cycle.
- Periodically maintain, replace and dispose of endpoints.
- Periodically check on and update endpoints’ health status.
- Tier 2 tickets resolution within Service level agreements:
- Endpoints (laptops and tablets)
- Software troubleshooting
- Tier 1 Network support
- Network devices and configuration – Access Points and Wi-Fi Routers.
- Regular OS maintenance, software updates, and hardware support for One Acre Fund Laptops.
- Ad hoc configuration and testing of OAF tablet application rollouts.
- Engage with non-technical OAF stakeholders to conduct IT-related training.
- Initiated and participated in technical projects as needed.
Facilities & Power Management
- Identify the device power needs for ITO devices.
- Liaise with infrastructure technicians/electrical engineers to determine power rate recommendations.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For the Country ITO Technician role specifically, you will have:
- 1+ years of experience in IT end-user support, software, hardware and network support.
- Familiarity with Windows and Android endpoint deployment systems.
- Data analytics and reporting skills.
- Inventory management skills.
- Analytical problem-solving and problem-management skills.
- Incident management skills.
- Basic understanding of the PBX application functionality.
- Basic understanding of electrical principles and device power ratings.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started