Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organizations achieve great things in the digital era.
We are currently hiring for a role as Contractor and Vendor Manager.
The Contractor and Vendor Manager is responsible for client satisfaction by ensuring that services are delivered according to agreed service level agreements (SLA) and other contractual performance requirements. They require advanced ability in managing coordinated delivery of service and compliance to agreed performance standards.
- Respond to new or changed business needs and/or services and determine and define the requirement for new or updating existing vendor contracts, scope of work, service level agreements and related performance documents.
- Negotiate service level agreements with vendors that meet business needs.
- Analyze vendor performance against contract and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders on performance delivery including management of service improvement initiatives.
- Work with finance, commercial and contract management teams to process contract renewals, managing schedule of contract termination dates to meet renewal or termination process requirements.
- Ensure that the scope of services offered by the vendor/contractor is delivered and that the quality of service delivered is managed appropriately.
- Determines the impact of service improvements identified in relation to the vendor and documents and ensures the appropriate actions are implemented by the vendor.
- Obtain vendor programme requirements and provide information to business on the gaps and requirements to close these in order to maintain the chosen level of vendor accreditation
- Monitor and analyze trends in contractor costs and performance, provide recommendations, implement and track impact.
- Develop, establish, implement, and enforce supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements to the organization.
- Maintain a catalogue of preferred suppliers/vendors and develop performance metrics for each category of vendor.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree in Information Technology or related qualification
- Proven experience working in a technical role within the technology industry.
- Vendor and Contractor Management an added advantage
- Must have been in a leadership role for 5 years or more.
- Project Management and ITIL Certification highly desirable.
- Demonstrated contract / supplier management experience preferably in a multi-national environment
- Proven stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the contract lifecycle management
- Proven experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services
- General knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and logistics
- Ability to work in high-pressure environments and manage urgent complex tasks simultaneously
- Excellent business acumen and commercial skill
- Passionate, strong initiative, self-driven with commitment to succeed
- Display excellent persuasion and influence ability
- Detailed, meticulous and highly organized
- Proactive in approach with excellent facilitation skills
Looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information