Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The official account for Amazon Web Services
AWS is hiring for the position of Cloud Support Engineer – Networking. Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer-facing technology team helping to ensure the success of AWS as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you could be the person we are looking for. We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world-class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Each day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Partner with AWS teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Leverage customer support experience to provide feedback to AWS teams on how to improve.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
WHY AWS SUPPORT?-
- First and foremost, this is a customer support role – in the Cloud.
- On a typical day, a support engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer cases through customer contact channels (e.g., telephone, email, and web/live chat).
- You will apply troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions for our customers by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
- An AWS support engineer may also develop and train, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/scripts to help the team or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
- We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
- We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role. We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
- Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
- As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after-hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
Key job responsibilities
The Cloud Support Engineer – Networking role has the following responsibilities:
- First and foremost this is a customer support role – in The Cloud.
- On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat.
- You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
- Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
- Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
- Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
- We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
- 6 months – 4 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of troubleshooting networking issues using several tools (traceroute, mtr, ping, iperf, dig/nslookup, cURL, tcpdump/wireshark and related)
- Good Knowledge of network security (SSL/TLS, Network- and Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Services)
- Good Knowledge managing domain transfers, records and DNS security (DNSSEC and DNS Filtering)
- Good OS knowledge oriented to maintenance and administrative purposes (Windows or Linux)
- Knowledge of Networking and troubleshooting (HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, Routing and Switching, Load Balancing)
- Knowledge of monitoring IT services and good command of associated technologies
- Experience configuring virtual server environments.
- Knowledge/experience in configuring and supporting devices such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, SonicWALL, Checkpoint, Palo Alto etc.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Experience configuring software-based load-balancing solutions.
- Experience with end-to-end application monitoring, tracing and alerting using tools like CloudWatch, Grafana, Datadog, Prometheus etc.
- Good understanding of security best practices.
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments and methodologies
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a cloud support engineer, you will act as the ‘cloud ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools and tactics to get the most out of their product and support investment
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started