Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The official account for Amazon Web Services (#AWS)
We are hiring for the position of Cloud Support Engineer – DIST. First and foremost, this is a customer support role – in The Cloud.
On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
- Good depth of understanding in Hadoop Administration, support and troubleshooting (Any two applications: Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Presto, Map-Reduce, Zookeeper, HBASE, HDFS and Pig.)
Good understanding of Linux and Networking concepts
- Intermediate programming/scripting skills. Ideally in Java or Python, but will consider experience in other Object-oriented and Functional languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with multi-tasking ability. Should be a self-starter who is excited about learning new technology.
- Open to working non-standard hours (no night shifts) including a Sun-Mon or Fri-Sat weekend
Strong troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Proficient in Hadoop Map-Reduce and its EcoSystem [ Hive, HBase, Spark, Presto etc.].
- Python and shell scripting
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Experience building docker images and troubleshooting container-related issues
- Prior working experience with AWS – any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, EMR
- Experienced with Linux system monitoring and analysis (disk management, memory management, permissions etc.)
- Good understanding of Networking concepts and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTPS, etc.)
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started