Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The official account for Amazon Web Services (#AWS)
A Day in the Life
- We are hiring for the position of Cloud Support Engineer – Database. First and foremost this is a customer support role – in The Cloud.
- On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
- Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
- Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
- Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
- Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
- As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after-hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
Key job responsibilities
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
- Work with Amazon’s database technologies like Amazon Aurora, DocumentDB, Timestream, Database Migration Services
The Cloud Support Engineer – Database role has the following requirements:
- Good Knowledge/experience in administration and troubleshooting in one or more of the following database engines: MySQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL/MariaDB /SQL Server/Amazon Aurora
- Good Knowledge of the database installation process
- Good Knowledge of relevant database clients
- Good understanding of database engine agnostic fundamentals
- Experience performing basic optimization of databases
- Knowledge of HA & DR topologies for databases
- Understanding of database migrations
- Knowledge or experience in working on basic OS and Networking database issues
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge/experience in Database troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Knowledge/experience in setting up monitoring/alarming for production DB environments
- Database migration and ETL knowledge/experience
- Experience setting up monitoring/alarming for production DB environments
- Database migration and ETL experience
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started