Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organizations achieve great things in the digital era.
Do you want to work for a company that is growing fast? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and make a real impact in a highly technical environment? We believe this Client Solutions Architect role is created just for you!
Reporting to the Head of Cross GTM Architecture, the primary role of the Solution Architect will be to utilize their strong consulting aptitude and technical skills to understand the client’s challenges, business strategy, processes & services, and the context in which the business operates. By using their understanding of the industry and the current state of technology and future industry trends; they will be the client’s trusted advisor and work with relevant stakeholders to prepare a roadmap against which IT can align in the Solutions sales segment.
- The Solution architects will be the link between GTM and sales teams by working closely to proactively engage in the presales process with clients with a focus on understanding their business challenges, strategies, key drivers and desired outcomes. This may include but not limited to conducting meetings with key stakeholders, delivering presentations and developing roadmaps.
- Synthesize current and future technology trends with client strategic imperatives to create compelling value-driven solutions for clients.
- Develop As-Is, Vision and To Be product/service architectures, identify gaps and develop transition roadmaps.
- Develop business case and end-to-end roadmap to optimize IT Operations and Measured Business Value across Dimension Data solution areas.
- Assist with the development of both strategic and solution architecture
- Use understanding of the client’s business, industry practices and knowledge on the full solution portfolio to personalize the solution in line with the client’s KPI and measured need.
- Lead the medium to complex solution design with clients in collaboration with the GTM teams to enable business outcome and requirements mapping.
- Conducts strategic engagements to develop an enterprise–wide architecture for medium to complex assignments. They will recommend assessments to gain insights into the client’s current and future states and help them build a business case.
Qualifications, experience and skills required
- Bachelor’s (graduate) degree in Information technology or related IT fields
- Previous experience in a technical role
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience as a technical or solution architect, presale consultant or in business consulting
- Certification and or working knowledge of Enterprise architecture methodologies such as COBIT, ITIL, TOGAF etc. will be an added advantage
- Must possess knowledge or working experience of emerging technologies such as Cloud, SDN, Automation
- Must have analytical skills enabling quick and meaningful understanding of customer needs and goals.
- Good communications and presentation skills, with the ability to operate comfortably at and beyond client senior executive levels.
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to persuade and maintain multilevel relationships within prospects and clients.
- Good documentation skills – ability to write formal proposals which may include a demonstrable understanding of the business and an ability to articulate the ROI or TCO to the client.
- Commitment to the concepts of technology enabled value-added selling.
- Must be able to demonstrate business awareness or business acumen.
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting, and discussing solutions with Technology Leads and other decision-makers
Looking to sharpen your Enterprise Architecture skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information