A 5,000-acre new city, Tatu City is home to award-winning schools Crawford International and Nova Pioneer, as well as thousands of homes and businesses.
In the CAD Technician position, you will work with the Development Team to manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects. The documentation will primarily be created using AutoCAD and or other related design software and the scope of the job will span all elements of the project life cycle. Work will include updating changes to various masterplans, and site plans, preparing parcel plans and layouts as well as drawing up planning concepts and schemes as instructed by the development team.
The CAD Technician has the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of drawings: – Layouts, Profiles and detailing of Roads, Water Supply, Storm and Sewer systems drawings.
- Use AutoCAD to prepare dimensioned drawings for large-scale and detailed site plans
- Translate hand drawings and sketches into CAD drawings
- Georeferencing Drawings to ensure all services are catered to and clashes solved.
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications.
- Work with other teams to obtain reference information for drawings.
- Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts.
- Read and understand 2D and 3D drawings.
- Create and update a database of design records for future reference purposes.
- Attend regular development meetings.
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Architecture/Planning with 5+ years’ experience in the construction industry.
- Demonstrable understanding of space planning.
- Experience in using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign). Proficiency in the use of MS Office, including Word & Excel.
- Ability to quickly draw up layouts as instructed.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started