An agricultural commodities merchant and financial brokerage.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Business & Process Analyst, Africa & Europe in Nairobi, Kenya to work in a truly global environment that will combine considerable experience in financial systems and reporting, coupled with deep expertise in understanding ERP systems, processes, business models and digital ecosystems to successfully drive process re-engineering, process optimization, standardization, automation & digitization, change management and documenting of end-to-end Enterprise level processes, KPI’s and business models. This will range from treasury processes, to finance processes. Logistics, procurement, and trading. Success in this role will entail delivering on the overall three focus areas of digital transformation, finance transformation and business performance. The role provides long-term development potential for someone eager to demonstrate their skills and experience in a challenging and fast-paced soft commodities environment.
ED&F Man is a world-leading trader of soft commodities, we trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. Our coffee trading division – Volcafe Ltd is one of the world’s leading international green coffee trading companies, operating in over 20 countries globally, in coffee procurement, sustainability, blending and export as well as importing and distribution, and it supplies the world’s major coffee roasters and retail distributors with their green coffee requirements, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future.
Volcafe has built and operated certified, sustainable supply chains across all our origins, addressing key economic, social and environmental issues in coffee farming communities. Since 2014 Volcafe has been providing direct technical assistance to farmers, helping them to improve their coffee quality, farm productivity and yields via our Volcafe Way Farmer Support Organizations (FSOs).
Embedded in the regional CFO’s office, the Business & Process Analyst will function across all four pillars of the functions core deliverables, driving results in the three focus areas of digital transformation, finance transformation & business performance:
- Drive Standardised ERP Environment, backed by clear business process control documents and blueprints
- Build on MCS (Minimum Control Standards) documents to create full-scope internal process documentation to drive compliance, risk management, execution, reporting and cross-functional synergy
- Document end-to-end P2P (procure to pay), O2C (Order to cash), and R2R (record to report) processes, ensuring tight controls, process efficiency and automation
- Help to design Regional Performance KPIs through digital processes that allow for standardisation across the region
- Drive automation of all manual reporting and analysis processes across the region
- Co-lead with FP&A on all standardisation, automation, and digitization projects
- Translate Group, Division, and regional strategy into operational strategy with detailed, clear, efficient well-documented business processes
- Partner with FP&A to provide digital tools for detailed data analytics, forecasts, market intelligence and big data management
- Main contact point with IT for the region, driving all IT projects from Group and ensuring business alignment
- Translate stakeholder business requirements into actionable, process-led workflows ensuring efficiency, accuracy and timely delivery
- Collaborate with and maintain effective relationships with Division and Group FP&A/IT/FDs & GMs/HODs
- Collaborate with IT for SSOT, standardization, centralization, and Automation while leveraging his/her project management skills to re-engineer existing processes and design & create new processes to streamline the gathering and processing of business information required by the region and the Group
Skills and Experience
- Professional qualification e.g., ACCA/ CMA/ CIMA/ CPA/ CISA or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business and IT, with an MBA as an added advantage
- 7+ years of progressive experience in similar roles
- Experience within traded commodities Industry and/or FMCG is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of Big four experience in consulting and advisory is an added advantage
- Experience with financial modelling is an added advantage
- Experience with project management and IT implementations as lead
- Professional progressive IT qualifications required
- A good team player with the ability to work independently and lead cross-functional teams
- High attention to detail and open-minded with a quick learning curve
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started