| Business Applications Functional Expert (Microsoft Dynamics ERP)
|Reports to: IT Director East Africa
Direct Reports: N/A
|Place of work/Travel:
|Contact and Cooperation:
|Internally: Main cooperation with the IT Director East Africa, all application users at Garda World.
Externally: IT Consultants, IT Suppliers, Professional Associations, and Technology Stakeholders.
Business Applications Functional Expert (Microsoft Dynamics ERP) – Job Summary:
|The Business Applications Functional Expert will be the first line user support, dealing directly with employees or customers who have business application related issues. This role will work alongside the current business application team helping users and working on various internal projects. The role is also responsible for gathering business requirements and will be involved in post implementation support/training.
- Provide day to day user support for current business application platforms and after-hours support as required
- Conduct business functional analysis and recommend business application solutions
- Support and drive process change and communication in line with best practice
- Conduct end-user training including development of documentation and training material
- Support with functional specifications for customisations and integrations required
- Work with the Project Managers, Business Analysts and Consultants to deliver business requirements
- Participate actively in business application projects and implementations
- Provide pre-go-live and post-go-live end user support
- Create user manuals and reference documentation for all functions
- Test functionality developed by the development team against business requirements
- Ensure that support calls are logged and responded to in a professional and timely manner within OLAs
- Maintain and improve the service delivery within the business applications Support team
- Analyse call logs to spot trends and underlying issues; and
Principal Outputs of this Role:
- Support log analysis, and turnaround time reports
- End-user training and user testing plans
- Efficient user support for current business application platforms
- Functional and business analysis documents
- Training requirements analysis and recommendations
|As per Garda World authority matrix
|Business Applications Functional Expert role is accountable to the IT Director East Africa, for the responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve business software problems.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to understand, communicate and interpret key user business processes and requirements.
- Have a high sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity.
- High degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in IT or related field, from a recognized institution.
- Business Application / ERP Certifications – Dynamics NAV, Dynamics CRM, Dynamics 365, Sales Force.
- At least three (3) years’ experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics NAV with full life cycle implementations.
- Experience supporting other business applications or Dynamics products.
- Experience in working alongside users gathering business requirements and translating customer business requirements and specifications into system solutions.