Launched in 2016, Peerplays is dedicated to empowering individual freedoms by building an open public #blockchain experience that puts people first.
About the job
Blockchain Protocol QA Engineer
Peerplays began in 2016 and have evolved a deep passion for building an open public blockchain experience that puts people first. We are dedicated to empowering people’s freedom to create greater outcomes, giving them control over how they own and collaborate worldwide.
The core foundation for Peerplays success in 2023 relies primarily on the release and promotion of mechanisms incorporating decentralized ID, gamification, and ‘handshake’ like onboarding that is easily accessible to people who use smartphones.
At Peerplays, we are on a mission to revolutionize the world of blockchain technology and empower individuals with the freedom to take control of their digital lives. To achieve this ambitious goal, we are constantly on the lookout for the most talented individuals who share our passion for innovation and our commitment to decentralization. If you believe in the transformative potential of blockchain technology and are eager to contribute your skills and expertise to this groundbreaking project, we want to hear from you.
The Blockchain Protocol QA Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Follow minimal instructions provided by the development team & develop test scenarios
- Use UNIX environment, Docker & build and deploy large code bases as part of QA
- Extend the instructions from the development team and assist the documentation team in developing detailed documentation
- Perform manual
- Design & develop test strategies and plans with well-defined and reusable test cases
- Design & implement test plans in such a way automated test infrastructure can be introduced in as many scenarios as possible
- Support our cross-disciplinary Agile team as a dedicated QA resource by attending daily & weekly meetings, forecasting gaps or issues with requirements or scheduled timelines, and coordinating with the development team.
- Effectively communicate and interact with team members, developers and stakeholders for all aspects of testing efforts during the end-to-end product life cycle
- 5+ years of QA experience in a deep tech environment (eg: Embedded Systems, Networking, Telecom, IoT)
- Hands-on experience with Unix (Linuxes), Docker (or containers in general), and Git & UNIX shell
- Understanding of networking principles, including TCP/IP and peer-to-peer (P2P) technologies, along with familiarity with common communication protocols (HTTP, SSL/TLS) and data serialization formats.
- Understanding of concurrency, memory management, and hardware-software interfaces.
- You have experience working with multi-process multi-threaded systems & Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use, runtime optimization, concurrency and synchronization
- Must be familiar with testing of APIs (JSON RPC, REST, GraphQL)
- Experience in Performance Testing of APIs and applications
- Experience in designing and implementing QA methodologies & test management for new features
- Experienced in working alongside an Agile development team
- Prior experience using CLIs to perform testing
- Understanding of Public-Private Key Cryptography/PKI
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and test frameworks
- Familiarity with configuration or infrastructure management tools like Ansible
- Git-based workflow (Github/Gitlab or similar)
- Familiar with OWASP and security audits, CVE management etc
- Must be familiar with UNIX shell (bash, ksh or similar)
- Exposure to log aggregation and monitoring (ELK, Grafana, Prometheus)
- You believe in open-source development and want to be part of a team that believes the same
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of individuals from a range of different backgrounds, cultures and professions.
- You are self-motivated and willing to take the lead
- You are interested in building a QA team and providing mentorship to other team members
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started