Your GOALS + Our EXPERTISE= Seamless Business & Career Success.
About This Job:
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Backend Software Developer to work in Nairobi.
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Job Role Description
The Backend Software Developer will develop and maintain software systems that support Circle Gas operations so that they deliver a fast, reliable, and secure customer experience.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Operations and Services) to ship scalable software solutions.
- Write high-quality code that satisfies requirements and strives for simplicity, clarity, and testability.
- Promote a collaborative team environment and work closely with colleagues to achieve business objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g. business stakeholders, product owners, project managers, and end users) to understand functional and non-functional requirements.
- Investigate and propose solutions to development and design problems.
- Participate in the scope of work estimation and forecasting.
- Adhere to architecture, design, implementation, security standards and best practices.
- Participate in code reviews or use collaborative programming techniques to promote high-quality business outcomes.
- Conduct analysis to determine integration needs, and design and plan integrations.
- Implement unit and integration tests and conduct functional and performance testing where appropriate.
- Continually improve our codebase with clean and efficient code and solve problems using the most appropriate technology.
- Enhance development processes and toolchain to move towards CI/CD (continuous integration and delivery)
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- Qualifications in one or more software languages
- AWS qualifications are an advantage.
- Some experience developing web front ends using PHP, HTML and CSS
- Developed and launched applications on Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure) especially using microservices architectures
- Experience with designing tables/schemas in relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Dyanamo DB)
- Working knowledge of REST API development for mobile/web use
- Expert proficiency in the Agile development process
- Ability to work in a distributed team
- Working knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experienced working with CI/CD pipelines
- Basic understanding of Information Security
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
3-7 years coding in one of the following: Node JS, Typescript or Python
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started