Transforming access to essential goods and services across Africa.
The Senior Backend Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the back end of the Wasoko web applications. The Backend Senior Engineer requires a high level of technical knowledge, design skills in a distributed world, problem-solving as well as a deep understanding of building RESTful Services, designing using MQs, and Web applications and maintaining them.
- Design and develop web applications that meet user requirements and adhere to design and coding standards.
- Create and maintain databases for web applications and mobile applications.
- Develop, test, and deploy web applications and mobile applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug web applications and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of applications.
- Ensure the security and performance of web applications.
- Monitor and track web application usage.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience with designing and developing REST APIs, using MQs and programming in Java, Springboot
- Very good designing and problem-solving skills and can work with minimal guidance.
- Seasoned coder, with good knowledge of various design patterns.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of application performance, monitoring and alerts.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Proficient in database design and development.
- Experience with mobile application development.
- Should be a good team player with good communication skills.
- E-commerce experience is an added advantage.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started