Africa's Restaurant Partner.
About the role
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven backend engineer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The back-end engineer will use their understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless user experience. You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
Responsibilities for the role
- Design, execute and maintain back-end software engineering applications. These include microservices, internal APIs, gateways, third-party services & APIs, and databases.
- Ensure software deliverables are held up to the company standard through code reviews, and managing software quality assurance
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Manage continuing support and provide system metrics for back-end technical stack.
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
- Support preparation of Technology Roadmap.
- Comply with all tech, product departmental as well as company best practices.
- Supervise reporting responsibility for independent software contractors, software engineers, and outsourcing partners.
- Ensure software engineering personnel is suitably trained to perform all job functions and suitably use project and software-related tools.
- Help determine and design system specifications & standards.
- Investigate, and analyze technology improvements, upgrades, and modifications.
- You will develop features across multiple subsystems including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment.
- You will design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- You will analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- You will assist with the packaging and support the deployment of releases.
Who you are
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven backend engineer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The back-end engineer will use their understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless user experience.
Backend Engineer – Experience
- Understand the business processes and platforms. Identify and map out areas of improvement
- Develop documentation pipelines for all services built and also for all planned services feature request development
- Develop and expand the company’s microservices architecture
- Test, deploy, maintain and improve backend services
- Develop and document scalable API endpoints and gateways for the services built
- Assist in the development of the company roadmap in conjunction with the rest of the engineering team and product team
We believe that a great backend engineer can come from any industry and organizational background and there are no set years of experience required to fill this position excellently. However, preference will be given to the following:
- 5 + years of software development experience
- Experience in developing for a microservices architecture
- Experience in scaling a SaaS product.
- Vast knowledge of backend software programming languages specifically Nodejs (Typescript, Nest, Express))
- Knowledge of other languages such as(Php(Laravel), Golang, etc) is a plus.
- Experience with working with SQL (Postgresql, Mysql) and NoSQL (MongoDB) database technologies
- Demonstrated experience producing readable and testable code
- Have extensive experience working hands-on in an agile environment
- Proven strong affiliation with helping small business owners grow
Why TopUp Mama
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than 24 months ago and we are already serving thousands of restaurants monthly. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! TopUp Mama may be the perfect place for you. But TopUp Mama is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get the job done
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not be the best place for you.
Looking to sharpen your System Administration skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.