🚚 📦 The leading global shipping platform for crowdfunding and eCommerce, powering makers worldwide #ecommerce #shipping
The Backend Engineer will build and maintain the back-end of our web applications, which includes scaling up our RESTful API, optimizing the response time of the API and the proprietary algorithm, and creating a new product that will integrate with the existing platform. Our tech stack is Ruby on Rails, Elixir / Phoenix, PostgreSQL, Redis / Sidekiq, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Git / Github, Docker / K8s / GCP.
What you’ll do:
The Backend Engineer remote role has the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the entire product life cycle
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Drive the development of a new product internally
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Work closely with our CTO and product team to establish priorities and manage our technical road-map
- Help to mentor junior developers
- Bring new development ideas to benefit the business and grow your skills
Who you are:
- Strong software development experience, incl. 2+ years of strong experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL databases
- Strong experience building highly scalable systems
- Ability to hold the team to high standards for security and data privacy practices
- Familiar with Git and Git flow; familiar with modern project management tools
- Write high-standard, beautiful, maintainable and reusable code
- A background working in product teams at startups
What you’ll get:
- Competitive Equity Package: Earn more than just a competitive salary. Receive equity shares to gain wealth as the company grows.
- Gym & Wellness Reimbursement: Training for a big race? Don’t sweat it. We offer gym reimbursement for all employees.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We think time off is essential… and we encourage it!
- Duvet Day: Perfect for those cold winter days, when you don’t want to escape the warmth of your bed!
- Mental Health Day: You deserve a day off! A chance to recharge and enjoy ‘Me Time’
- 4 weeks of ‘Work from Anywhere’: Whether you’re working from the beautiful beaches in the Bahamas or by the fireplace on your ski trip in Switzerland – just make sure to send us a picture!
- Professional Development: We’re here to help you hit your career goals to help get you where you want to be.
- Company-issued laptop: Who wants to work from their laptop? Let’s keep work and personal life separate!
- Unlimited Coffee, Drinks & Healthy Snacks: Because we love spoiling our team!
- Flexible Working: We offer you an autonomous environment to perform at your highest level!
Easyship is revolutionizing logistics for eCommerce. With our all-in-one cloud-based shipping software, businesses of all shapes and sizes have the tools needed to scale globally. At Easyship we believe in accelerating borderless commerce. We’re proud that a diversity of small business owners, crowdfunding campaigns, and global brands trust Easyship as their gateway to the world
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started