Founders Factory Africa
Founders Factory Africa is a hands-on early-stage tech investor on track to build and scale 100+ tech businesses across Africa.
We are seeking a skilled Backend Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have expertise in developing backend systems and APIs. You will work with a team of developers to design and develop robust, scalable, and maintainable back-end systems for our applications. You will be responsible for building and managing APIs that enable seamless integration between the front-end and back-end systems. The Backend Developer will have a strong track record of delivering high-quality code and be able to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Design, develop, and maintain backend systems for our applications
- Build and manage APIs to enable seamless integration between front-end and back-end systems
- Collaborate with other developers to design and implement scalable and maintainable systems
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code
- Debug and troubleshoot issues that arise during development and deployment
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and compliance with standards
- Work with the team to identify and prioritize tasks
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development
- Continuously improve our development processes and tools
- 2+ years of experience developing backend systems and APIs
- Strong understanding of software development principles and web application architecture
- Experience with GraphQL and REST APIs
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Ruby, Python and Go
- Experience with backend frameworks such as Rails, Flask or Django
- Familiarity with databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with source control (Git)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with API design & documentation
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Minitest, Pytest or RSpec
KSh100,000 – KSh200,000 a month
Working on a Founders Factory venture provides a rare opportunity for you to team up with world-class thinkers, entrepreneurs, and creators in building and launching a successful tech start-up. This role offers the freedom and excitement of working in a nippy early-stage start-up coupled with a large organisation’s financial stability and resource access.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to lead a game-changing start-up with global growth aspirations and to help shape the future of Africa’s start-up ecosystem.