We power prosperity by providing financial and insurance solutions that result in financial freedom for both individuals and businesses is a promise.
Achieving Zamara’s ambitious strategic priorities will be complex and challenging. Its continued success will be dependent on building and retaining a world-class team. We are looking for a talented Assistant Front-end Software developer to join our in-house software development team.
The role will report to the Software Engineer.
- Write well-structured code that is easy to maintain and understand.
- Create quality mockups and prototypes.
- Design, develop, maintain, and improve websites and mobile applications.
- Build websites and mobile applications that adapt and work well across different devices and screen sizes.
- Ensure websites and mobile applications are responsive.
- Create a positive user experience by ensuring intuitive and user-friendly interfaces by considering factors such as accessibility and interactivity to enhance user experience.
- Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency.
- Use CSS preprocessors like Sass or Less to enhance CSS with variables and functions. Hence, making stylesheets more maintainable and reusable.
- Write website applications that are SEO-friendly.
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Support application end users.
- Eagerness to continuously learn new skills and techniques to improve their craft and deliver cutting-edge solutions.
Experience and personal qualities
The Assistant Front-End Software Developer role has the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Experience in CSS preprocessors such as Sass and Less.
- Knowledge and Expertise in CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Materialize CSS, and Tailwind CSS.
- Knowledge about how to handle APIs such as REST, GraphQL, ODATA, Open API and SOAP.
- Ability to use collaborative UI/UX design tools such as Figma, and Adobe XD.
- Good understanding of XML and JSON data formats.
- Ability to use version control systems such as Git.
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging tools.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process.
- Understanding of layout aesthetics with a good eye for design and an understanding of design principles.
- Knowledge of SEO principles.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced and Agile environment.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Have a growth mindset and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Strong communication skills to work with designers, back-end developers, and other members.
The Zamara Group is a diversified financial services business specialising in pensions, medical services, insurance and actuarial solutions. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, the Group has a presence in six countries and a Pan-African ambition. Zamara has a rich heritage in Kenya spanning over 27 years.
Since its inception, the firm has significantly grown in terms of size, client base and range of services. The Group has been at the forefront of the industry, influencing the way it works and at the cutting edge of innovation.
Zamara’s higher purpose is to create a financially secure and prosperous society. The Zamara culture is based on the values of Simplicity, Empathy and Trust.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started