We are a dynamic, fast-growing non-bank finance company that offers asset financing for boda bodas and tuk tuks.
WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life. As Africa’s fastest growing Asset Finance company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality. Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorcycles and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools can fulfil their dreams and the needs of their families and community. We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives.
Analytics Engineer – Watu Africa
Our business is growing rapidly with more than 150,000 customers in Kenya. In this context, we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and highly technical Analytics Engineer to join our Data Analytics team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and developing data analytics back-end processes on cloud-based tools (including ETL / ELT) with the aim of building a first-class modern Data Warehouse that will be the heart our Data Analytics function.
We are looking for doers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and with their hard work and dedication create the impact needed in our communities. Do you want to become a part of our ambitious and creative team of smart individuals and make a difference and you have what it takes? Then read on and apply for this exciting opportunity!
A successful Analytics Engineer – Watu Africa is expected to adapt to the fast-paced culture of both the company, the market and the customers we serve.
- Design, create and deploy data ingestion pipelines to feed our Data Warehouse with raw data from various sources using cloud-hosted data ingestion tools
- Create and maintain processes to transform the raw data into clean and organized Analytics data that can be used by the analysts with tools like Google Dataflow
- Orchestrate the team’s data processes
- Be responsible for the Analytics’ data quality and security
- Implement, develop, and maintain the required Data Analytics and Analytics Engineering tools
- Implement data governance and data security rules
- Data Warehouse administration
- Assist with the data architecture
- Support the team on technical problems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- 3 years+ of experience building and maintaining ETLs / ELTs, preferably on cloud solutions
- Advanced SQL
- Deep understanding of modern Data Warehouses technologies and best practices
- Expertise with the latest data ingestion, transformation and management tools and processes
The following technical knowledge would be a plus:
- Google Cloud solutions with a focus on Cloud Storage, BigQuery, Datastream, Dataflow
- Experience with non-relational DB or Big data
- Experience with data streaming analytics
- Attention to details
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Self-starter, target oriented
- Team player and good communicator
What we offer:
- Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and work hard to achieve those
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with us
- Competitive compensation package
- Health benefits
Do you see yourself being part of the WATU team? Then please apply with your CV and a cover letter, we are looking forward to working with you!
Looking to sharpen your Data Analysis skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.