CarePay is listed with Safaricom on Fortune's Change the World list 2020
ANALYTICS ENGINEER AT CAREPAY
CarePay is looking to hire an analytics engineer for our Nairobi and Amsterdam teams. If you are interested, please apply here.
Please note that an online test (assessment) provided by Test Gorilla is an essential part of the recruiting process. Please also check your spam folder for the assessment email and ensure to fill out all parts of the test. Missing parts will disqualify you from an interview.
We believe mobile technology can connect everyone to healthcare at very low cost. Our technology is already changing the healthcare industry by connecting people, funders and providers in Kenya and Nigeria through a single mobile health platform. Our platform empowers the individual to access health insurance schemes and pay for healthcare efficiently and transparently via their mobile phone. We are proud to have over 5 million people, more than 4,400 healthcare clinics and a growing number of insurers use our platform. And it’s growing every day.
Main purpose of the Job
You will be working with a team of 8 data engineers, analysts, and scientists to help the organization become more data driven. We are aiming to measure impact of 90% of all features developed by end of year and you will be key to enable the teams doing this.
A typical day in the life of an Analytics Engineer at CarePay
You start the day by catching up on the latest analytics engineering news and tools. Then you will peer review code of your team members and point out SQL improvements. At 11AM you participate in our standup and give an update on your tasks and their dependencies. Before lunch you take some time to pair-program with a teammate on a new technology you always wanted to wrap your head around.
In the afternoon, you will conduct a workshop with our payments team to gather data requirements for their largest pain points and inspire them with your own ideas. Based on the outcomes you will spend the rest of the day building the new loans data model in SQL. You will end the day by scripting a new dbt macro together with one of our data engineers.
- Establish, build and maintain data models to speed up analytics solution building
- Work with platform teams to better understand, model and visualize platform capabilities
- Write production-quality ELT code with an eye towards performance and maintainability
- Explore new data sources and making them usable for the organization
- Support business users to get the insights they are looking for from the data
You should apply if
- You have strong SQL skills and are familiar with data visualization and general data warehousing concepts
- You are happiest exploring, modelling and communicating data and go all the way to provide its full value to the organization
- You are comfortable exploring ambiguous problem statements, challenging the status quo, multi-tasking between various work streams and learning on the job
- You value simplicity and openness – even in the most complex situations
- You are passionate about global development and healthcare
- You are a team player and can translate between tech and business easily
Nice to haves
- You have experience in programming in Python or Java
- You have experience in using Airflow, dbt, or similar
- You have public cloud experience, Amazon AWS is preferable
- You have experience in developing software as part of a team with git
What we Offer
- The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact that affect millions of people
- Startup culture with a fun international team (Nairobi, Lagos, Amsterdam), flat hierarchies, and zoom beers
- A mature data team with senior engineers and scientists aiming to make health financing decisions more data-driven
- A state-of-the-art tech stack built on AWS, Airflow, dbt, Snowflake and Metabase with python for our data science and Java for our application code
- Fast-forwarded professional and personal growth through initiative, training and courses
- Travel opportunities (after covid)
- Competitive salary and flexible hours
Planning on sharpening your Data Analytics skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started