Rescue is a first response dispatcher and aggregator that gets you the best and closest help anywhere anytime.
Who you are:
Do you have an analytical mind and strong coding skills? We are looking for an Analytics Engineer who will help us turn data into insights and help us deliver our rapid emergency response system to more people around the world. Your responsibilities will include the design and infrastructure of what data we collect, how we collect and maintain quality datasets, where we store it and how we action it. You need to have a strong analytical skillset, an understanding of analytic workstreams and the ability to work with complex datasets. You will need to bring engineering best practices and rigour to build robust systems and processes. We’re looking for a candidate based in Nairobi to be available to work closely with our team in our Nairobi office.
What you’ll be doing:
In this Analytics Engineer role, you will be an expert in all things Flare data. As such, your work can be categorised into the:
- Informing strategy: Your ability to extract insights from structured and unstructured data will be critical in informing the business’ growth and expansion strategy. This will involve proactively identifying trends and opportunities for growth.
- Analysis and Reporting: You will maintain and improve existing datasets and reports, identify gaps and create new dashboards for various internal and external stakeholders including clients and investors. You will also fulfil ad-hoc data requests from the team (answering high-level and specific business questions using data and analysis).
- Data modelling: You will design and implement infrastructure to collect, store and analyse new datasets. You will also be tasked with maintaining and improving existing systems.
- Building integrations and automation: You will need the know-how to integrate existing tools or create new tools to make your work faster, more efficient and more accurate.
Basic requirements for the role of Analytics Engineer:
- At least 3-4 years experience working in data.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills. You will be tasked with a large variety of internal and external problems to solve. You will need to be able to digest large quantities of information quickly and work out a well-structured and methodical response.
- Strong attention to detail and know how to pick out trends.
- Strong programming skills in at least one language; Python or R preferred.
- Experience working with visualisation tools; Tableau, Google Datastudio, AWS Quicksight preferred.
- Solid knowledge of DBMS especially relational i.e. SQL. Our major datasets are stored on Postgres.
- Working knowledge of statistics.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. You should be able to condense data insights into simple and easy-to-understand findings for internal and external reporting. Most importantly, you should know how to ask the right questions when looking at large amounts of data.
- Excellent team-player. Your work will involve interacting with members from all teams in the organization.
Things that make you stand out:
- You have experience working in a data role at a high-growth startup.
- You have experience working with AWS.
- You have experience building ML and statistical models.
- You have software development experience.
- Lean and Agile team of highly-skilled and experienced global talent.
- Mission-driven team & work; a chance to work on a live and action-packed lifesaving platform.
- A fun and flexible work environment in our Nairobi office: flexible working hours and flexible holiday/leave policy.
- Health insurance and of course Flare’s rescue.co cover Ambulance and Roadside assistance for you and your family.
- Short/long-term disability + life insurance.
- Delicious daily breakfast & lunch with the team.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.