The Cloud Native Developer and Security Operations Company.
As an Agile Project Manager, you will be the golden thread on multiple projects that ensures alignment between both client requirements and internal delivery, from inception to completion of a project. The Agile Project Manager will work closely with the Technical Leads within the Software Engineering or SRE team and report to the Head of Delivery.
What you will be doing:
- Lead multiple small to large-scale technical projects, alongside the Technical Lead, from proposal to discovery and delivery.
- Plan, manage, and drive project delivery, ensuring projects remain within scope, timeline and budget.
- Ensure projects are properly resourced, communicating resource requirements promptly.
- Schedule and facilitate all project meetings and Scrum ceremonies.
- Participate in scoping sessions, and prioritize delivery with clients.
- Work closely with the Technical Lead to create and maintain the product backlog, ensuring milestones are planned and features broken down into individual user stories.
- Facilitate and gather effort estimates from the team to produce cost estimates and timelines.
- Effectively manage communication between the Client and Deimos to resolve any dependencies and impediments.
- Identify and manage risks and ensure any concerns are escalated to appropriate channels.
- Establish, gather, analyze, and report on key KPIs to measure the overall success of the project delivery, as well as the team’s velocity and effectiveness
What you must have:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Project Management, ideally with a good understanding of SDLC and DevOps workflow.
- Strong understanding and some experience in Kanban, Scrum, and Agile delivery.
- Proven ability to take ownership of managing several projects concurrently
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Highly proficient in reporting with proven risk identification and resolution abilities.
- Confidence to build, grow and manage client relationships.
- Experience in remote working (managing remote teams and clients, working asynchronously).
For us to achieve our ambitious vision together as a team, It is important for our Martians to lead at all levels, be self-starters who take initiative and put their hands up for challenging tasks. A growth mindset is important to us and we encourage all our Martians to openly share knowledge, support and help each other, ask questions, get creative with new technologies and learn from setbacks.
Becoming a Martian means:
- Comfortably working and learning from a fully remote, culturally diverse team based predominantly in South Africa and Nigeria.
- Being an open, honest and respectful communicator.
- You enjoy asking questions, identifying areas of improvement and proposing solutions, no matter your job title or whether you have been with us for a day, a month or years!
- You are comfortable taking initiative and operating independently.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, where change is constant.
- You find it exciting to work with various clients, from different industries, each with a different problem for you and your team to solve.
- Intentionally sharing tech and industry trends that excite you with your peers.
- Seeking continuous feedback and actively taking steps to continuously grow personally and professionally.
Want to know what you get by joining us?
- Become a member of a team where we value each individual’s contribution from day 1 and empower you to make suggestions, get involved and do what you love most!
- Flexibility and the freedom to work from anywhere you choose and feel you thrive best.
- Work-life balance where you are not expected to work over weekends or after hours.
- A forward-thinking remote company that knows how important it is to stay connected as one team, by providing social platforms for employee engagement, virtually or in person.
- A monthly work-from-home allowance which you can use to set yourself up to work comfortably from home. Whether that is pens, notebooks, new headphones or work snacks!
- A MacBook or Windows laptop for you to do your best work on.
- Become part of a team of exceptionally clever and talented people who like to share their knowledge and learnings.
- We support your career growth and love setting you up for the future! We want you to succeed and will continue to support you, even after you leave.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started