The leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. We're online 24/7 to serve you!
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Agile Coaching Centre of Excellence (CoE) within the Transformation Management Office (TMO). In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Cluster Senior Agile Coach, TMO the Agile Coach is responsible for coaching tribes, squads and chapters in the adoption of agile ways of working to build high performing teams to achieve tribe outcomes aligned with company mission. Advocate for organization-wide agile transformation.
- Coach: Coach Tribe leads, tribe Tech Leads, Chapter Leads, Product Owners and empower squad members to deliver aspirational OKRs for business performance. Coach teams to identify value opportunities and run experiments to test them to drive innovation culture.
- Facilitator: Facilitate squads’ agile way of working through Safaricom Agile Blueprint best practice. Adhere to Tribe and squad ceremonies e.g. 6 weeks look ahead, 2 weeks sprint, POCLAC, PO sync, Monthly Tribe reviews, Big room Planning, Quarterly Business Review.
- Trainer: Provide training to the squad on the agile process through continuous training and improvement on velocity, quality, processes etc. Deliver training programs for all employees in the organization as needed as part of agile capability training (e.g., bootcamps, “Agile 101” sessions, role specific trainings) to grow agile culture.
- Mentor: Focusing on squads and tribes Continuous Improvement by creating a psychological safe environment for healthy conflict and meaningful collaboration.
- Train TL, TTL, PO, CL and tribe members on agile principles and how to apply them in backlog creation, MVP design and user story mapping to focus on business outcomes to satisfy the customer.
- Agile maturity: tribe monthly pulse surveys to measure the adoption of Agile principles and practices to identify gaps and opportunities to improve overall Agile maturity.
- People and mindset performance evaluations in the contribution model via 360-degree feedback for the Tribe’s Agile Squads.
- Develop professional skills as “craftsmanship” through Agile Coach craft learning journey: Outcomes-focused delivery, Coaching & Agile skills.
- Facilitation of chapter boosts, inter-chapter boosts and knowledge sharing for best practice evolution and consistency.
Core competencies and knowledge
Working With Others: Communicates simply to excite and engage people. Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively. Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks.
Business & Customer: Focuses on coaching tribe and squads achieve business outcomes and drive continuous improvement. Coaches Tribe Leads and Product owners to use data and research to make decisions that derive business value incrementally.
Creativity and Innovation: Finds creative ways to encourage squad members to solve problems in emergent business areas. Encourages squads to take risks through advocating for Beta Testing.
Working With Change: Responds flexibly to changing situations and embraces complexity
Products, Services and Technology Knowledge: Uses Design Thinking to coach tribe and squad members to match our products and services to our Customers’ needs.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and background of agile concepts and business performance
- Possess certifications in agile practices e.g. Professional Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Product Owner etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Experience in the IT industry and a good understanding of the full software life cycle and DevOps.
- Good experience with at least one remote collaboration tool like Jira, Confluence, Teams, Mural, Miro
- Experience in writing and working with product backlog, epics, and user stories preferred
Planning on improving your training skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.